VLAA’s four-tiered structure captures and defines members’ roles, and offers the litter community in Victoria, and beyond, the opportunity to engage with the Alliance. The four tiers are:
- Coordinates, chairs and provides secretariat for the Alliance.
- Funds and manages the VLAA Litter Champion.
- Coordinates the development and implementation of the VLAA Business Plan.
- Maintains VLAA resources.
The Coordinating Agency of VLAA is Sustainability Victoria.
- Contribute financially to the delivery of the VLAA Business Plan.
- Members of the VLAA Reference Group.
VLAA’s Funding Partners are: Sustainability Victoria, Australian Packaging Covenant Association, Metropolitan Waste and Resource Recovery Group, City of Melbourne, Melbourne Water, VicRoads.
VLAA Reference Group
Member organisations of VLAA’s Reference Group represent government, industry and community groups that have an interest in litter management or who undertake litter management activities. Representatives of these organisations have the following role:
- Through the work of their organisations, contribute to the development and delivery of the VLAA Business Plan.
- Attend quarterly VLAA Reference Group meetings.
- Observe the Alliance's Terms of Reference.
- Champion VLAA and our resources to relevant stakeholders within their organisations and networks.
Members of the VLAA Reference Group include the Coordinating Agency, Funding Partners as well as: EPA Victoria, Municipal Association of Victoria, Keep Victoria Beautiful, Port Phillip EcoCentre, Yarra Riverkeepers Association, Grampians Central West Waste and Resource Recovery Group, Barwon South West Waste and Resource Recovery Group, Gippsland Waste and Resource Recovery Group, Goulburn Valley Waste and Resource Recovery Group, Loddon Mallee Waste and Resource Recovery Group, North East Waste and Resource Recovery Group, Litter Enforcement Officers Network, Victorian Waste Management Association , Tangaroa Blue Foundation, and Zoos Victoria.
Friends of VLAA
Becoming a Friend of VLAA is free and open to any organisation or individual with an interest in litter. Simply sign up to receive litterALLY, our bimonthly newsletter. Friends of VLAA enjoy the following benefits:
- Subscription to litterALLY, VLAA’s bimonthly newsletter.
- Invitations to VLAA events – networking events, workshops, webinars, forums etc.
- Notification of new material on the VLAA website.
- Opportunity to participate in the biennial VLAA Stakeholder Survey.