DumpInData was created by Sustainability Victoria and the Victorian Litter Action Alliance to support Victorian land managers to collect, manage and share illegal dumping data – it is not a public reporting tool.
It provides Victorian land managers, for example Victorian councils, Parks Victoria, DELWP, and Melbourne Water, with:
- A platform for collecting and managing illegal dumping data
- Access to consolidated data to inform management of illegal dumping
- Visualisation of data to view hotspots and their movement over time
- A resource to evaluate illegal dumping programs and interventions, and
- Information to assist in preparation of business cases to bid for funding / resources, or to conduct cost benefit analyses.
The webinar below provides an introduction to the resource, including: the history of it's development, it's purpose, the three components which make it, and information about gaining access. The webinar goes for approximately 45 minutes.